Sunday, March 20, 2011

Avoiding burnout: as clergy, healers, etc

.

In my spiritual tradition, we have many beliefs & practices which assist us with avoiding burnout, 
I will name 2:

.
*  It is a necessity for Healers to focus on self-healing:  

It is SO MUCH easier to focus on helping others 
than to quietly face my own brokenness and pain... 

It is a mighty temptation to go around wanting to inspire and heal others, 
without first and continually allowing Gd to inspire and heal me.  

Meanwhile, if I don't allow myself to be healed, 
my unhealed areas (think 'shadow') 
are likely to come around and bite me, as well as others ; )

.
* “It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our walking is our preaching.” - St Francis  

Similar to "Be the change you want to see in the world."

We believe the more we are consciously in alignment with Gd, 
and allowing Gd to clean out what is not in alignment with Gd, 
as well as fill us with blessings: 
it assists others to do the same. 

SO we practice quiet time with Gd every day 
and believe it is our most important work in supporting others with their own deepening in Gd. 

Every day we experience our wholeness in Gd, 
and receive our 'marching orders' regarding care of ourselves, 
as well as needed focus in our lives and our ministry.

.
blessings to all who serve, may we find and keep balance,

No comments:

Post a Comment