Sunday, March 20, 2011

Overwhelmed by the needs in our world?

.

Like many, I used to have much frustration
Sometimes I still do! 

Overwhelmed 
by all the things that I believed needed to be done in our world.

I have some ways of looking at this, I have found serve me. 
I will share some, if you are interested read on.

I believe if I find the thing(s) I am very well suited to do AND 'called' to do,
then my world will move toward wholeness - IN me AND in my World

So my job is to get quiet, listen within, and find my unique path, 
and then do that... JUST THAT.

I believe when each of us do our 'jobs' in our own little corner of the world, 
amazing things happen.

.
I see it in terms of cells in a body. 
If i am a liver cell, and i do the jobs of a liver cell well, 
that is what i can do. 

If all the cells do their jobs, 
the body functions well. 
If all all the cells don't function well, 
the body does not do well. 

Unfortunately (and fortunately) 
i cannot do any other cell's job for them. 

Maybe I can do a little more of my job, 
if other liver cells are slacking, and that may help. 
But i cannot run over and do an eye cell's job. 

This illustration assists me to 'keep my eyes on my own page': 
to do my job and not worry about if/how/when other jobs will get done.

I cannot do it all 
and I shouldn't try: 

because i cannot do it 
and because it makes me crazy to try to do it 
and even crazier to worry about it. 

It is more than enough to do my job, 
and if i do it well, others will be inspired to do their jobs well.

This is how I continually manage these issues for myself 
- i hope you find a comfortable journey around this in your life.  

Thanks for reading.
in life, wendy

.

No comments:

Post a Comment