Sunday, March 20, 2011

the Power of Acceptance

.

"
It's difficult to try to be what you are not. 
Being what you are doesn't require any effort. 
When you become wise, you accept yourself the way you are, 
and the complete acceptance of yourself 
becomes the complete acceptance of everyone else.
"
- don Miguel Ruiz

some will say
"accepting unacceptable things about either oneself or the people you interact with is not always a good notion"

On the physical level, what you say makes sense, and many of us are trained to believe such things.

I have found it does not work. 
I have found that I can, and others can, tweak the outside, try harder for limited periods of time, etc. 
But I have found this method doesn't work for me on the inside, or in the long run, or for anything that is a Core issue for me.

.
From my experience:
Unless I can BE with what is 
Unless I can stop Resisting 
Nothing Changes 

IF I really do choose change, 
It serves me to let go, accept what IS. 

then 
Say 'hello' deep inside, and attend to that.
Allow the shifts to flower from within.

.
Some will say: 
"we are responsible for the people we become"
"Honesty in looking at ourselves and realizing that if we are less than we choose to be"
"it is within our power to become the best we can be"
"we are not "stuck" with ourselves" 

AMEN

The question is HOW? 
IN what Context?
Through what Process.

It is obvious that one can change the facade, paint the walls, and change the curtains easily enough. 
In my spiritual tradition, we find that Effort works on the physical, but not on the spiritual level. 
I have found to truly realign the foundation and change the structure of my being, it takes a New way of BEing.

Of course, many people don't believe we CAN realign the foundation and change the structure of our being, 
so the process of acceptance/non-judgment and ease/no-effort may seem superfluous 
- but I don't believe so...

.
Allowing Ease, not Effort
Finding Freedom from Judgment
What We Resist, Persists...
Is a fruitful journey.

For me, 
- Beating myself (and others) up for where I am. 
- Eschewing what is Real.
- Effort & Striving ... merely looking the part...
Works Not At ALL :)

Acceptance, etc 
actually Does Work, in my experience!
For myself and with others. 

Sometimes the mere release of my judgment and resistance 
and things miraculously shift. 
After all, I am HOLDING in place with my NO!

Some say:
Acceptance Produces Change.

It makes sense, because 
Acceptance removes One of the Forces in Play
after that, shift happens, finding a New Balance. 

So, I just get to keep practicing Acceptance 
- a Powerful blessing of: Truth and Miracles

Being with what IS. 
Releasing the judgment and resistance. 
Easier said than done - and the fruit is Delicious!

: )Wendy 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment